Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 4 - Part 1 Grand Cayman


Welcome to the Cayman Islands



Where the ships cannot dock because of the coral reef. You have to take a small boat called a "tender' that you board from your ship to the dock.


"I Saw Three Ships" (an obscure reference) ours is the one in the middle.


Welcome to Grand Cayman


Yeah, I gotta do something about that hat.


Our first stop was turtle farm, it was fun.






We didn't hold the turtles, but watching everyone else, specifically the children pick them up was entertaining.



This is as close as we got to the famous 7 Mile Beach


And then we went to Hell.  Seriously, there is a town on the island named Hell.  I had my passport stamped there.  Wish I had brought my address book, I would have loved to sent a few postcards with that postmark.




The last stop on the tour was the Tortuga Rum Factory (with samples of rum and rum cakes)







No comments:

Post a Comment