Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 1: "I Took A Trip On A Sailing Ship And When I Reached Jamaica I Made A Stop"

For those who may not know: that is a lyric from A Harry Belafonte song "Jamaica Farewell".  I really did take strip to Montego Bay, Jamaica and Georgetown, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico. Aunt Cathi and I cruised on the Carnival Magic from January 25th to February 1st. Of course, I took more than a few pictures.

These first few pictures were taken as we left Galveston Sunday afternoon.

As always, click on the picture to see a larger image.

These first couple of pictures are of the ships in the harbor




Looking to the "forward" of the ship 



This old military ship was in the harbor, didn't have a name that I could read






The coast guard station at the end of the harbor and then the freighters in the Gulf as we sail away.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment